Parc de Sceaux

The park currently covers 151 ha, 11 km south of Paris, in the department of Hauts-de-Seine, straddling the municipalities of Sceaux Chatenay-Malabry and Antony. It was created in the 1670s by André Le Nôtrefor Jean Baptiste Colbert. The Marquis de Seignelay, Colbert's son, inherited the domain in 1683 and continued the development of the park with the green carpet and the Grand Canal, 1140 feet long, then planted with elms. After the occupation of the area by Bavarian troops in 1870 and French in 1914, the owners, ruined, can not maintain the park that invades fallow. This one is rented and the trees are cut. In 1923, the Department of the Seine (Paris and Ile-de-France) buys and renovates. Poplars were planted along the Grand Canal (they have all been renewed since the storm of 1999) and the park is reopened to the public in 1930. It was not until the 1970s that the green returns to its original appearance. For further >>>
Sceaux Park is home to many species of trees unusual but not always easy to spot.

The plan of the Parc de Sceaux shows 50 intersting trees. It can be read by following the path or alphabetically. Version "to print" numbers these trees and allows you to identify them on the the field.
  The images are taken on site all year round, except when stepping back was not possible. In this case, the leaf or bark is presented. The thumbnails can be enlarged by clicking it.
plan du parc de Sceaux arbres du parc de Sceaux



idée et conception de Pierre-Yves Landouer

Rubric Pictures


Research of pictures on the site
     · Site map · Glossary · Forum ·
     
· add to favorites · the autor · Contribution · guestbook · Passions, Travels, Poems, La Fontaine
Copyright© 2000 · 2014 Création Les arbres